Delestrogen 20mg/mL (Estradiol valerate injection)
$110.00 – $380.00
Package: 5 mL Vial per pack
What is Delestrogen 5mg/mL?
Delestrogen 5mg/mL may also be used by women who are not able to produce enough estrogen (for example, due to hypogonadism, primary ovarian failure) and by men to treat prostate cancer.
Delestrogen 5mg/mL cause growth and development of female sex organs and maintain sex characteristics, including underarm and pubic hair and the shape of body contours and skeleton.
What are the side effects of Delestrogen 5mg/mL?
- Among the most common endocrine side effects are:
- break-through bleeding or spotting,
- loss of periods or excessively prolonged periods,
- breast pain,
- breast enlargement, and
- changes in sexuality (increase or decrease in libido).
- Abdominal pain may indicate the development of gallstones or occasionally hepatitis.
- Migraine headaches have been associated with estrogen therapy.
- Delestrogen 5mg/mL can cause sodium and fluid retention leading to edema.
- Melasma, tan or brown patches, may develop on the forehead, cheeks, or temples. These may persist even after the estrogen is stopped.
- Conjugated estrogens may cause an increase in the curvature of the cornea. Patients with contact lenses may develop intolerance to their lenses.
- Blood clots are an occasional but serious adverse effect and are dose-related. (The higher the dose of estradiol, the more likely blood clots are to form.) Cigarette smokers are at a higher risk for clots, and, therefore, patients requiring estrogen therapy are strongly encouraged to quit smoking.
- Estrogens can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. This risk may be decreased if estrogens are combined with progestin.
- Some people also have a higher chance of developing breast cancer while taking estrogens. Sometimes people who have breast cancer when they are taking estrogens may have increased calcium in the blood. If this happens, the estrogen should be stopped.
What is the dosage for Delestrogen ?
The dose of estradiol can vary depending on the condition that is being treated. Estradiol tablets are given daily or they can be prescribed to be taken in a cyclic regimen, wherein Delestrogen 5mg/mL is given daily for 3 weeks followed by 1 week of no medication, after which the cycle resumes. The tablets can also be given more than once a day for some conditions. The topical gel or the topical emulsions are applied to the skin daily at the same time. The vaginal ring is inserted in the vagina and left without removal for 3 months at a time. The intramuscular dose and the frequency it is given can differ depending on the product.
The adhesive part of patches should be applied to a dry, hairless, clean part of the trunk, but not on the breasts. It should not be placed onto irritated or damaged skin. Sites of application should be rotated, with at least one week between repeated applications to any one site. The patch should be applied immediately after removing the protective layer, and pressure should be applied to the patch when it is attached for about 10 seconds.
All forms of estradiol should be stored between 15 C (59 F) and 30 C (86 F). Contact us to order.
1 Pack, 2 Packs, 4 Packs