Rivotril 2mg (Clonazepam)
€120.15 – €373.80
Rivotril 2mg (Clonazepam)
What is Rivotril 2mg (Clonazepam)?
Rivotril 2mg (Clonazepam) is typically prescribed to treat conditions like panic disorder, anxiety, and certain types of seizures. It is possible to develop a physical dependence to Klonopin if you take the drug for two weeks or more.
Rivotril 2mg has both anti-anxiety and anticonvulsant properties. It may be prescribed for:
- Panic/anxiety disorders
- Restless leg syndrome (RLS)
- Tourette Syndrome
and other conditions. It is also often prescribed for the anxiety that may accompany bipolar disorder. In clinical trials on patients with panic disorder, Klonopin was shown to be significantly more effective than placebo in reducing the frequency of panic attacks.
According to the manufacturer, the initial dosage for treatment of anxiety/panic disorder is 0.25 mg, twice a day, with an increase to 1 mg per day after three days. Studies found that in most cases, higher doses were less effective than the 1 mg dose and had more negative side effects. The maximum recommended dose is 4 mg per day.
- Store clonazepam between 59°F and 86°F (15°C and 30°C).
- Don’t store this medication in moist or damp areas, such as bathrooms.
Rivotril 2mg oral tablet can interact with other medications, vitamins, or herbs you may be taking. An interaction is when a substance changes the way a drug works. This can be harmful or prevent the drug from working well.
To help avoid interactions, your doctor should manage all of your medications carefully. Be sure to tell your doctor about all medications, vitamins, or herbs you’re taking. To find out how this drug might interact with something else you’re taking, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Drugs that increase the risk of side effects Rivotril 2mg
Taking clonazepam with certain other medications may cause more side effects. Examples of these drugs include:
- Benzodiazepines, such as lorazepam, clonazepam, triazolam, and midazolam. You may feel more sedated and drowsy.
- Opioids, such as codeine and hydrocodone. Taking these drugs with clonazepam puts you at serious risk of severe drowsiness, slowed breathing, coma, or death.
- Barbiturate and nonbarbiturate sleep drugs, such as amobarbital, butabarbital, eszopiclone, pentobarbital, zaleplon, and zolpidem. You may feel more sedated and drowsy.
- Other drugs used to treat anxiety, such as buspirone and hydroxyzine. You may feel more sedated and drowsy.
- Tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline and nortriptyline. You may feel more sedated and drowsy.
- Other drugs used to treat seizures, such as gabapentin and pregabalin. You may feel more sedated and drowsy.
You should never suddenly stop taking Rivotril 2mg without your doctor’s approval if you’ve been on treatment for more than three months or are using it to control seizures. If you do need to stop, your doctor will gradually wean you off treatment.
- Trouble sleeping
90 Tablets, 180 Tablets, 360 Tablets