Valium 10mg (Diazepam)
$100.00 – $650.00
Valium 10mg (Diazepam)
What is Valium 10mg (Diazepam)?
Valium 10mg oral tablet is used to treat the following conditions:
- symptoms caused by alcohol withdrawal, such as agitation or tremors
- add-on treatment for skeletal muscle spasms
- add-on treatment for certain types of seizures
It may be used as part of a combination therapy. That means you need to take it with other drugs.
Possible Drug Interactions
Because Valium 10mg slows the activity of your central nervous system, your doctor should be careful when prescribing other drugs that can affect your central nervous system. These include:
- phenothiazine antipsychotics (including Compazine and Thorazine)
- antipsychotics (including Zyprexa, Haldol, and Risperdal)
- anti-anxiety medications (such as Xanax)
- sedatives and hypnotics (including Ambien and Lunesta)
- narcotic painkillers (such as Percodan)
- sedative antihistamines (such as Benadryl)
- illegal narcotics
- MAO inhibitors (an older form of antidepressants that includes Nardil and Marplan), and
- newer antidepressants.
- Tagamet (cimetidine), prescribed for ulcers and excess stomach acid
- Prilosec (omeprazole), another drug for excess stomach acid
- oral ketoconazole, which treats fungal infections
- Luvox (fluvoxamine), used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder, and
- Prozac (fluoxetine), used for depression
How to use Valium
As with all medications, follow your Valium prescription instructions exactly. It is available in two formulations:
Diazepam Tablet: Taken orally 2 to 4 times daily. Tablets are available in 2mg, 5mg, and 10mg doses.
Diazepam Oral Solution: Taken mixed with liquid or soft food like applesauce or pudding. Use the calibrated dropper to measure the dosage. Take the full amount prescribed at once; do not pre-mix and store for future use. The solution contains small amounts of alcohol.
The dosage — 2mg to 10mg taken 1 to 4 times daily — varies depending on the condition treated, and age of the patient. Doctors may recommend starting with a lower dosage for elderly patients or patients with advanced liver or other debilitating disease who may be particularly sensitive to benzodiazepines.
Some patients develop a tolerance to diazepam. Do not increase the dosage without discussing it with your doctor. Your doctor should periodically reassess if the treatment is still useful. Long-term treatment with diazepam increases the risk of dependence, and may cause difficulty when terminating treatment. After an extended period without symptoms, a patient may work with his or her doctor to taper off the medication gradually.
Storage Valium 10mg
Store Valium 10mg (Diazepam) at room temperature between 68°F (20°C) and 77°F (25°C).
- Protect it from light.
- Keep it away from high temperature.
- Keep your drugs away from areas where they could get wet, such as bathrooms. Store this drug away from moisture and damp locations.Contact us to order.
250 Tablets, 500 Tablets, 1000 Tablets, 2500 Tablets, 5000 Tablets